Fear (Bhaya) and the Corona virus,
Years ago I was struck by a translation I found of FEAR, as False Evidence Appearing Real! Fear
appears to be real but it actually is a projection of the limitations of our own minds. Very often they
are exaggerated emotions created by past experiences. It’s good to know that fear is created by
our own belief patterns. So ask yourself when you feel your FEAR level rising, “what is real and
what is not “, so you begin to understand where this comes from.
Fear is related to negative and pessimistic thinking. Know that you have a choice, think of the glass
half full or half empty, which one would you choose? Fear can create chaos when you buy into it,
but it can also be a powerful opportunity for self discovery and growth. With fearful thoughts you
expect the worst, but they might not be true. Identify the root of your fear, make pros and cons of
what could happen, then indulge in positive self talk and take positive action step by step.
So what about this Corona virus (COVID-19), there’s tremendous fear about this unknown virus
that is spreading so rapidly, related to lack of knowledge and no vaccination available yet. It is a
cold virus and only in rare cases and with certain underlying illnesses, it can cause severe
symptoms. Most people heal within two weeks, but more important is what can you do to prevent
and minimize the symptoms of this virus.
Fear causes stress, yoga is your release! The infrared panels in the studio have a lot of benefits
like the increase of circulation and it promotes detoxification. Move your body daily to oxygenate
and improve cellular health, it will help move your lymph, which is part of your immune system, that
will then be able to strengthen. Of course take your vitamin D, make sure you check this with your
health care provider. Eat healthy, lots of greens, juice veggies and fruits, eat salads, avoid sugar,
sleep enough and if possible for you, try intermittent fasting. Use our ancient Awakenings Kefir to
add good bacteria to your gut that can ward off disease. And check on our Energetix nutritionals,
botanicals and homeopathics. Contact us for a consultation with Energetix specialist Sandi McGriff.
To release Fear: in your yoga practice or day connect to Abhaya mudra, a hand gesture of
courage and fearlessness.
– Raise your hand to shoulder level with your palm facing forward, fingers joined together and
– You can use one hand or both.
– In Warrior II pose, bend your back elbow, fingers joined ad palm facing forward
– Goddess pose, you can do this with both hands
– Sukhasana, cross legged seat, bend both elbows, fingers joined, palms out
– Breathe slow and deep, preferably use an Ujjayi breath, stay as long as you like
The breath: with Nadhi Shodana you can can release fear, purify and clear the channels of
circulation and balance both hemispheres of the brain.
– Find a comfortable seat
– See which nostril is flowing more smoothly.
– Bring index and middle finger to your forehead, thumb on right nostril and ring finger on left one.
– Close passive nostril and exhale through active nostril
– Inhale through active nostril
– At the end of inhale close active nostril and exhale and inhale through the passive one.
– Repeat 5-9 times
– At the end take three more deep breaths through both nostrils
I wish you health, wisdom and Happiness!